TOP EXPERIENCE: CITY TOUR OF GALLE (Full Day)
Giro turistico, Kultur, Meal included
Galle is the best example of a fortified city built by the Portuguese in South and Southeast Asia, showing the interaction between Portuguese search cultural styles and native traditions. The Galle fort is a world heritage site and is the largest remaining fortress in Asia built by European occupiers.
What we will see
- Visit Turtle Hatchery
- Visit of Galle Fort
What we will do
- Depart to Galle from Colombo port and arrive at a Turtle Hatchery and a conservation center before we depart for lunch.
- After lunch we proceed to Galle Fort, (partly a walking tour of 500 meters).
- Visit The Dutch Church. 116 km south of Colombo, this is the southern important town, and though planted squarely on the beach circuit it derives its apotheosis from reasons other than golden stretches of sand. It is famous for its Old Dutch fort, which is declared a world heritage site by UNESCO
- Drive drive back to Colombo.
What you need to know
- Around 2,5 hours driving one way by bus on express highway.
- This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.?