SOLAR-POWERED BOAT TOUR THROUGH THE MANGROVES
Nature, Drink included
We board a solar-powered boat that fully respects the local ecosystem to explore an incredible mangrove forest with our expert guide and admire the animals and plants that flourish undisturbed in this nature reserve.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour
- Lac Bay National Park
- Boat tour through the mangroves
- Plants and animals
What we will do
- We leave the port and immerse ourselves in Bonaire's nature with a panoramic tour that allows us to admire the magnificent views of the island.
- Our destination is Lac Bay National Park**, where we find one of the best-preserved mangrove forests in the whole of the Caribbean.
- Once there, we board an exclusive boat, which can only accommodate 8 people and is powered by solar panels, therefore being truly sustainable!
- Whilst our boat glides silently over the placid waters, we will marvel at the wonders of nature accompanied by an expert guide who will point out examples of the most significant flora and fauna along our route through the enchanting mangrove forest.
- Sailing gently across the shallow waters, through narrow channels, we have the chance to admire and take photos of wild and marine animals directly from our boat. The mangroves are an essential ecosystem for the life on the coral reef, as it is here that fish and birds find the perfect conditions to reproduce.
- At the end of the excursion, we will return to the ship with some unforgettable memories of a truly extraordinary habitat.
What you need to know
- The embarkation area may be damp, muddy and slippery.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, hat, sun cream and a T-shirt.
- We recommend using waterproof cameras and shoes.
- The regulations that protect the nature park do not allow the construction of a jetty, therefore guests will have to board the boat by entering shallow water (around 20 centimetres deep).