SIGHTSEEING MINI TRAIN TOUR OF KRALENDIJK
In a nutshell A fun excursion on a comfortable little tourist train, admiring the most attractive views of the capital of Bonaire, with a stop on Kaya Grandi for a spot of shopping.
Good to know
- St. Bernard Church
- Kralendijk promenade
- Kaya Grandi: shopping stop
- Our excursion starts right at the port, where we will board a little tourist train that will take us around the island's capital at a moderate speed.
- Our first destination is Nikiboko, a typical residential district with picturesque houses built in the 19th century and early 20th century.
- Then we will leave Nikiboko behind and pass St. Bernard Church, the biggest church on the island, built in 1829. Religion is an integral part of the lives of many of the residents of Bonaire and it played a central role in the island's cultural history.
- We will continue on across the city, were traditional and modern architecture will appear in succession, offering a kaleidoscope of vibrant colours in true Caribbean style.
- The promenade offers breathtaking views of the bay, dotted with sail boats and luxury yachts. We will also be able to see our cruise ship!
- We will stop at Kaya Grandi, the shopping street where we can enjoy a pleasant stroll through the artisan market and the shops and local boutiques.
- We will enjoy seeing the fascinating typical architecture, like the merchants' houses located directly above the shops, and we will have the chance to do a spot of shopping and find the perfect souvenir of this charming part of the world, be it a picture, print, painted fish or original jewellery.
Good to know
- Max weight 113 kg