TOUR OF REUS, BIRTHPLACE OF GAUDÍ, AND TIME AT THE BEACH AT CAMBRILS
In a nutshell Strolling among the splendid Modernist buildings of the city centre, we immerse ourselves in the artistic ambience of Reus, the birthplace of Antoni Gaudí, before heading to the coast and the seaside at the cheerful town of Cambrils.
Good to know
- Guided tour of the old town
- Free time for relaxing and walking
- We leave the port for a brief panoramic tour of the interior on our way to the picturesque city of Reus, the administrative centre of the comarca of Baix Camp and the second largest city in the Province of Tarragona.
- Known as a centre of business, including the production of brandy, for which it is especially well regarded, Reus is also the city where the celebrated architect Antoni Gaudí was born, and the presence of this famous son and the legacy of his work can still be felt today.
- A guided tour of the historic city centre yields many an impressive Modernist scene, a fact we owe less to the direct activities of Gaudí than to his influence on architects of the calibre of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, Pere Caselles and Joan Rubió who designed some of the architectural jewels that adorn the city today.
- At the end of our guided tour, we have some free time to explore the hidden corners of Reus on our own, do a little shopping or even visit the Gaudí Centre where we can learn more about the life and work of the great Catalan architect.
- Waving goodbye to beautiful Reus, we head along the coast to the seaside town of Cambrils, one of southern Spain’s finest bathing destinations.
- Here, we have some more free time to relax and enjoy the charms of this cheerful seaside borough, either by taking a walk along the seafront past restaurants, boutiques and souvenir shops, or lying on the beach, cool drink in hand, and profiting from the Spanish sun to work on our tans.
Good to know
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- The inside visit at Gaudi Center is not included on this tour.