STREET LIFE AND STREET FOOD IN ATHENS
Green-pass required, Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, My Explorations, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, 52
Visit the landmarks of Athens, explore the city's most distinctive neighborhoods, discover the lifestyle gems of the true Athenian. A guided tour from the Acropolis to the Panathenaic Stadium, and from Monastiraki to the Plaka district. Walk the city's most beautiful streets or drómos. Street food? We'll take care of that too.
GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Downtown Athens
- Pnyx Hill
- Panathenaic Stadium, National Academy, Greek parliament
- Syntagma Square
- Monastiraki district with local snack
- Plaka district
- Become an Athenian for a day, experiencing the places that have made the Greek capital a capital of the world for 2500 years.
- To begin with, follow the guide to the Acropolis. This citadel, now declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is no less than the birthplace of democracy.
- Climb up the Pnyx Hill, where the Athenian assemblies were held in the 5th century BC. The view will leave you speechless, but the greatest orators have spoken here, including Aristedes, Demosthenes, Pericles...
- Down the hill you'll find the city's other attractions: the Panethenaic Stadium, the only one in the world to be made entirelyof marble, the national academy and the seat of the Greek parliament on Syntagma Square.
- In the Monastiraki district a beautiful surprise awaits you: a pita gyros stuffed with meat, vegetables and fries. This is typical Greek street food.
- The last stop is the Plaka district, the oldest in the city, among neoclassical buildings, ancient monuments and shops. By the way, the Adrianou and Pandrosou streets are said to be ideal for shopping.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.