ON FOOT FROM EUROPE'S FIRST PHARMACY TO THE KING'S LANDING
A walking tour through Dubrovnik's old town, a UNESCO heritage site, that fascinates history of art lovers and challenges fans of TV series. Vrada od Pila, the Stradun, the Franciscan Monastery are just some of the unique sights to enjoy in this city.
- Vrata od Pila
- Franciscan Monastery
- Free time in the old town
- Wear comfortable shoes and set off to discover Dubrovnik: are you ready to retrace centuries of history and relive scenes from Game of Thrones? It's easy to do in this beautifully preserved medieval city, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- From Vrata od Pila, built in 1537, you can enter the old town just like the real knights of the past. Like them, you'll find yourself in front of the paved Stradun and you'll pass below the statue of St. Blaise, the city's protector.
- Visit the 14th century Franciscan Monastery and don't miss the movie-worthy Gothic patio. This is the site of Europe's first pharmacy opened in 1317 and still in business. The monastery library is said to contain the recipe for the elixir of eternal youth...
- You can plan the rest of your tour: you may prefer to see the city walls, search among the artisan stores for Konavle embroideries and 'verožice' earrings, or taste some 'burek', the puff pastry cake filled with ground meat, cheese, potatoes and vegetables.
Good to know
- A shuttle bus is available for your return journey to the ship. Check the time of the last shuttle in the Diario di Bordo.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.