ON THE BLACK BEACH AT PERISSA
The sea and black sand of Perissa await you on the southeast coast of the island. But before you get to the beach, lie in the sun and close your eyes, stop at the viewpoint with one of the best views of the Santorini caldera.
- Perissa volcanic beach
- Your adventure begins alongside the ship, aboard a launch that will whizz you to Athinios harbor. You can admire from above the famous caldera, the summit of the volcano now swallowed up by the sea: make the most of it by taking some photos for your followers to swoon over.
- Then all you have to do is come down to the black beach at Perissa. Sheltered from the meltemi, the warm, dry wind that blows from the Aegean, you'll have a long stretch of lava sand and pebbles before you. And ideal waters in which to go snorkeling: not surprisingly it has been awarded a Blue Flag.
- You'll find all the comforts you need. You can choose the beach club that's right for you, hire loungers, beach chairs and straw umbrellas, and find everything you need to enjoy your favorite water sports.
- Pamper yourself with a drink or an iced coffee from one of the many beach bars. And if hunger calls, take the opportunity to taste the typical seafood dishes served by the tavernas, including “taramosalata”, a fish roe based dip, or grilled sardines accompanied by a “horiatiki”, the traditional Greek salad.
- And if that's not enough for you, you can also stop off in Fira for a final stroll at your leisure.
Good to know
- Umbrellas and beach loungers not included.
- Water sports not included.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.