4x4 IN CORFU TO ROVINIA BEACH
Relax, Active & adventurous, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking
Do you have a spirit of adventure and enjoy a challenge in contact with nature? If so, you've picked the right excursion. Some places can only reached by suitable vehicles. This tour will take you off the beaten track and along dirt roads in a 4X4, through pristine villages, to the wild beach of Rovinia with its sea cave.
- 4x4 adventure
- Agios Ioannis and Ropa Valley
- Kanakades and Liapades
- Wild beach of Rovinia
- At the harbor you'll be assigned a 4x4 to start this adventure following the lead car. The compass points north to Agios Ioannis in the unspoilt Ropa Valley , a natural habitat for various animal species. Be careful because a weasel, otter or even a fox might cross your path.
- After the village of Kanakades, you'll tackle some stretches of dirt road up to the town of Liapades, from which an off-road track leads up mountain slopes dotted with villages surrounded by pine forests and olive groves. Here you can enjoy driving along narrow roads, kicking up dust and stones in the dense Mediterranean scrub.
- Final destination: Rovinia beach, an unexpected paradise. A secluded and totally wild cove surrounded by two cliffs.
- Its crystal clear sea will make you want to never leave the water and the explorer in you will be intrigued by the sea cave...
Good to know
- The 4x4s can accommodate 4 people, you may have to share the vehicle with other passengers.
- Strollers cannot be carried in the 4X4s.
- Before departure, all drivers must show a valid driver's license and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance.
- To be able to drive you must be at least 23 and have held a driver's license for at least 3 years.
- The 4x4s have manual (not automatic) transmission
- Minimum age: 4 years
- The excursion is unsuitable for people with back problems or pregnant women.
- The excursion includes stretches of walking on pebbles, uneven and sandy surfaces. The walk down to Rovinia beach is very steep.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.