RAFTING ON KUMIJOKI RIVER
In a nutshell The tumultuous waters of the Kymijoki river await us for a thrilling adventure while descending towards the valley on an inflatable raft enjoying the wildest scenery Finnish nature has to offer.
Good to know
- Kymijoki river
- Coffee break
- Rafting excursion
- We reach the banks of the Kymijoki river, one of the largest in southern Finland and a favourite destination of fishing enthusiasts such as Tsar Alexander III of Russia who, over a century ago, had a cottage built precisely in this area in which to spend the summer months.
- The wild nature is perfect for a thrilling rafting experience like the one we are about to embark on.
- Before starting, we enjoy a cup of coffee made on an open fire before wearing a helmet and life jacket and learning how to sit and control the raft during the excursion.
- For the first 2 kilometres, we sail along calm waters taking in the marvellous scenery: small tranquil bays with tree branches stretching out onto the water, patient fishermen and a bucolic countryside.
- We then reach the most adventurous part of our excursion and our ability to work as teams is tested as we deal with the tumultuous rapids that give us a shot of adrenaline! By following the instructions of our guide, we tackle and overcome the challenges posed by the river for a truly unforgettable experience.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. A local guide will provide general information in English.
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with