CATAMARAN CRUISE IN THE SANTORINI WATERS
Aboard a comfortable catamaran, we sail along the waters of the island of Santorini, dip into the thermal springs of Palea Kameni, admire the panorama of rare beauty from the deck and end the day in front of the picturesque village of Oia with a dip in the sea and a snack.
What we will see
- Athinios port/Fira Old Port
- Catamaran cruise
- Palea Kameni thermal springs: photos and dip into the sea
- Island of Thirasia and Ammoudi bay
What we will do
- After disembarking, we take a tender boat to the port of Athinios or to the Old port, Santorini’s main trading centre nestled at the foothills of a majestic cliff.
- Here, we board a catamaran and set off for a pleasant trip along the islets dotting Santorini’s caldera.
- We reach the thermal springs of Palea Kameni, where the waters reach a temperature of 35 degrees and contain a high level of sulphur, which is known for its healing properties.
- From the deck, we admire the colourful spectacle that appears before our eyes: the minerals modify the colour of the thermal waters, which range from green to dark orange. Despite the shallow waters, the boat will go as near as possible so we can take a few pictures.
- We then have the opportunity to take a dip into the sulphur waters of the thermal springs and benefit from their healing properties.
- Back on the catamaran, we continue our cruise and enjoy amazing views - the island of Thirasia, with its rocky edges climbing to a steep peak, and the bay of Ammoudi, surrounded by steep red rock cliffs.
- We make one last stop in the village of Oia and, beneath the ruins of the old castle of Agios Nikolaos, we take advantage of the blue sea one more time for one last refreshing dip, a snorkelling session and a snack.
- We then return to the port of Athinios.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Swimming costumes may become discoloured after bathing in the sulphur spring.
- This tour is not recommended for individuals who suffer from sea sickness or those who have mobility problems.
- This excursion requires that you know how to swim and have a certain level of physical fitness.