FULL IMMERSION IN THE RÍAS BAIXAS REGION: GALICIAN AROMAS AND ATMOSPHERE
Let us discover the true essence of the Rías Baixas region, savouring the fruit of the vineyards which surround a superb historic residence with lush gardens and tasting the typical Galician mussels as we proceed along the Arousa estuary.
- Pazo de Rubianes: historic garden and lush vineyards
- Wine and tapas
- Cruise along the O Grove estuary
- Visit to a “batea”
- Tasting of mussels, white whine and soft drinks
- We leave the port of Vigo behind us and head towards our first stop: the magnificent historic residence of Pazo de Rubianes where history, wine culture and the art of gardening form a unique combination. The residence was built in the 15th century and is therefore over 600 years old, during which it changed in line with the times and styles until it became the house-museum where we can now retrace history.
- Pazo de Rubianes opens up its doors and invites us in to wander around the gardens covering over 11 hectares and featuring huge eucalyptuses with a circumference of up to 12 metres,tall sequoias and grand magnolias listed as Galician monumental trees, lovely flowerbeds arranged into geometrical motifs and over 4500 types of camellias whose aromas are reflected in the wine, with its unique personality.
- Our experience cannot but include a tasting of the wines produced on the estate - a toast worthy of a lord!
- We move on towards O Grove, a seaside town located on the estuary of the Arousa river. We get on a boat and enjoy a cruise along the estuary to admire the rugged coast where the steep rocks alternate with vast beaches and numerous ports dotted with picturesque and colourful boats.
- We then reach the “batea”, a floating wooden platform used to farm mussels and other shellfish. The guide illustrates this curious activity that is one of the cornerstones of local agriculture. They are, in fact, so popular that a special festivity is dedicated to it - in October, O Grove celebrates the seafood festival, which was declared one of national tourist interest.
- We then head back to the port but, before ending our excursion, we are enticed by a delicious plate of mussels paired off with white wine and or a soft drink - the perfect way to end this unforgettable multi-sensory experience.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.