Tokyo Tower & The Tsukiji Outer Market
PasseparTour, Lunch not included
In this tour, you will visit Tsukiji Outer Market and Tokyo Tower. The Tsukiji Market (Tsukiji shijo), supervised by the Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market of the Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, is the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world and also one of the largest wholesale food markets of any kind. The market is located in Tsukiji in central Tokyo, and was a major attraction for foreign visitors. During your stay in Tsukiji Market, you will have free time to shop and eat local Japanese meal. Tokyo Tower is a communications and observation tower located in the Shiba-koen district of Minato,Tokyo, Japan. At 333 metres (1,093 ft), it is the second-tallest structure in Japan. The structure is an Eiffel Tower-inspired lattice tower that is painted white and international orange to comply with air safety regulations.
What we will see
- Tsukiji fish market
- Free time for shopping and to enjoy Japanese food
- Tokyo Tower
What we will do
- We start our excursion at the Tsukiji fish market (Tsukiji shijō, in Japanese), run by Tokyo’s Central Wholesale Market and the Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs. The Tsukiji market covers a vast area - it is the largest wholesale fish market in the world and is also one of the leading wholesale food markets in general.
- It is located in the district of Tsukiji in central Tokyo and is one of the main sights for foreign tourists. It consists of two sections: the first, the “inner market”, is where the famous tuna auctions take place and where wholesalers operate; the second, the “outer market”, is where fish is sold, cut, processed, dried, stored, etc.
- During our visit, we will have some free time to make some purchases and taste typical Japanese food.
- The last stop on our tour is the Tokyo Tower, a communications and observation tower in Minato’s Shiba-kōen district in Tokyo.
- It is 333 metres high and the second highest artificial structure Japan.
- The Tokyo Tower is a lattice Eiffel Tower-inspired structure that is painted white and international orange to comply with air safety regulations. From FootTown, the four-storey shop located at the base, it is possible to reach two observation platforms: the The two-storey Main Observatory is 150 metres up, while the smaller Special Observatory is at 250 metres. Both offer 360° views over Tokyo and, on clear days, Mount Fuji can be spotted by looking south-west.
What you need to know
- The order of the visits may vary and the coach transfer depends on the itinerary. * We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. * Heavy traffic jams to be expected due to it being travelling season in Japan. * We recommend having Japanese Yens available as there are no exchange offices in the port. *Clear views subject to weather conditions. * Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.