KEFALONIA: NATURE AND LOCAL TRADITION
Designed for families, Culture & local gems, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
An excursion into nature and local traditions. Beginning underground, in the ancient cave of Drogarati, and then through the alleys of Agia Efimia, a fishing village where you can enjoy discovering artisan stores, taverns and cafés.
- Drogarati Cave: the spectacle of nature
- Fishing village of Agia Efimia
- A beautiful picture is often enhanced by a beautiful frame like the Ionian Sea on one side and the Mediterranean maquis with its olive groves on the other.
- The whole island is crossed by rivers and often unexplored underground caves. In Argostoli, you'll discover the underground world of Kefalonia. The Drogarati Cave was discovered 300 years ago but only opened to the public in 1963. The wealth of stalactites and stalagmites is enhanced by electric lighting that illuminates them with a warm orange color.
- You might not know that a section of a very well-known video game is set inside the Drogarati Cave. Find out which one.
- After visiting this enchanting place, you'll head to Agia Efimia. Are you ready for a traditional moussaka or the fish of the day?
Good to know
- The temperature in the cave is a constant 18° with 90% humidity.
- The excursion to the Drogarati caves includes some steps along the way.
- The excursion is unsuitable for pregnant women.