DISCOVERING ISAFJORDUR BY BIKE AND ON FOOT
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 53
In a nutshell We will explore the town of Ísafjörður and surrounding areas on a lovely bike tour and hike up Mt. Kubbi where we will enjoy breathtaking views and idyllic scenery along with a delicious lunch in the heart of nature.
Good to know
- Bike ride in Ísafjörður
- Hike up Mt. Kubbi
- Packed lunch at the summit
- Return hike and bike tour
- Cup of tea or coffee
- We will meet our guide at the port and head to base camp, where we will prepare to embark on our excursion.
- We will cycle around the centre of Ísafjörður on our bikes, soaking up the atmosphere in this distinctive town with its modern buildings, multi-coloured houses and towering snow-capped peaks as a backdrop.
- We will leave our bikes at the slopes of Mt. Kubbi and set off on a walking excursion to the summit, enjoying stunning views of the bay below us along the way.
- At the top, an awe-inspiring scene awaits us with views stretching out over Ísafjörður. We will stop for a rest and enjoy our packed-lunch sitting on the comfortable moss.
- After refuelling, we will hike back down to Ísafjörður, breathing in the crisp mountain air, surrounded by incredible scenery.
- Once we are back down on the slopes, we will hop on our bikes again and return to the town centre where we will end our excursion with a cup of tea or coffee to warm us up.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- We recommend wearing warm clothes, trousers, a waterproof jacket, hiking shoes and a hat.
- This excursion is conducted in English.