HELICOPTER TOUR OF VOLCANIC CRATERS
We will soar over the stunning scenery of the Reykjanes peninsula in a helicopter, taking in views of volcanic craters, fumaroles and mystical lakes. Our excursion would not be complete without the chance to explore this extraordinary habitat up close on land.
What we will see
- Reykjanes peninsula
- Seltún geothermal field
- Blue Lagoon and Kleifarvatn Lake
- Eldvorp craters
What we will do
- We will board a helicopter and take off on an exciting air tour of the Reykjanes peninsula, which will unfold beneath us.
- We will admire the amazing endless series of volcanic craters, scattered over barren, rugged lava fields reminiscent of lunar landscapes.
- Seltún geothermal field will appear beneath us with its smouldering sulphur and bubbling pools of water. We will then be able to see the rugged coast, the famous Blue Lagoon, shrouded in clouds of steam and surrounded by lava, and Kleifarvatn lake, one of the deepest in Iceland.
- To make this tour even more exciting, we will land near the Eldvorp craters, a 10-km long succession of volcanic craters with intense geothermal activity. We will briefly explore this fascinating area with its smoking columns of steam and volcanic rocks.
- Then we will get back on board the helicopter for more breathtaking views as we return to the port.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- Anyone over 120 kg must pay for 1.5 seats