A POSTCARD FROM HAUGESUND
Sightseen, Designed for families, My Explorations, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell A sightseeing tour to discover the city of Haugesund, admire its most famous monuments and enjoy its most striking views.
- Sightseeing tour of Haugesund
- Town hall
- Haraldshaugen national monument
- Steinsfjellet viewpoint
- We board our coach and set off on our sightseeing tour of Haugesund, the nature capital of the region and inseparable from the sea, to which it owes its prosperity, mainly connected to herring fishing.
- We cross the town passing by the famous City Hall, considered the most beautiful in Norway. Unmistakeable with its pink façades, it was built in 1931 as a gift to the city by a local shipping magnate and his wife.
- We continue with Haraldshaugen, the monument erected in 1872 to celebrate one thousand years from the Battle of Hafrsfjord which unified Norway under a single kingdom. The large obelisk is located on the spot where King Harald, winner of the battle, is thought to have been buried.
- We then reach the Steinsfjellet viewpoint located 227 metres above sea level and offering breath-taking views of Haugesund and the surrounding area, very popular with hiking and excursion enthusiasts.
- We end our excursion with the surrounding areas and head back to the ship.