WINE-TASTING IN A VOLCANIC VINEYARD
Panorama, Green-pass required, 1
Prepare your taste buds for a guided tour of Tenuta San Michele, a well-known Etna DOC wines producer in Santa Venerina. Listen to their experienced winemakers, follow them through the maze of cellars, past vats and vintage bottles, then take out your glass for a tasting of major labels and locally-sourced products.
- Tenuta San Michele winery
- Tour of the cellars and estate wine tasting
- Set off towards Santa Venerina, a small Sicilian town with a reputation for wine-making excellence. Our guide will introduce you to the prestigious Etna DOC wine cellar.
- The Tenuta San Michele, a historic winery situated 500 meters up the eastern slope of the volcano, will be expecting you. Did you know that Etna's vineyards extend up to 1200 meters high and are, in fact, the highest in Italy and the world?
- Leave the Mediterranean view behind you and venture into the estate. Did you know that it once belonged to Baron Scammacca*, a former Italian ambassador and forefather of generations of great winemakers?
- Learn the tricks of a real winemaker, from processing, to bottling and aging, and venture into the belly of the cellars, where the secrets of the Murgo perlage and reserves await you.
- And to finish off? It's time to taste the wine of course with a tasting of the winery's historic wines, including Lapilli Bianco, Etna Rosato, Lapillo Rosso and Murgo brut sparkling wine, accompanied by cold cuts, cheese, croutons with paté and Murgo oil. Cheers!
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- The bus journey from the port to Santa Venerina takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.