BEST OF ST MAARTEN
In a nutshell Let us discover the island of St. Maarten with a sightseeing tour that touches the most important sights in both the Dutch and French sections with stops to take photos and relax.
Good to know
- Border between the Dutch and French dominions
- Paradise View: photo stop with panoramic view over Orient Bay
- Village of Marigot: free time at local market
- Maho Beach: free time for watching Seaplane (if any scheduled)
- Stop at the Carousel ice-cream parlour
- Panoramic viewpoint Harold Jack Lookout
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and go on a fun tour of the island of St. Maarten together with a cheerful driver illustrating the history and curiosities of the sights on our itinerary.
- We make short stops on the border between the Dutch and French dominions to observe the cultural and architectural characteristics that highlight the difference between north and south and stop briefly at Paradise View for a panoramic picture over Orient Bay.
- We continue towards Marigot, French capital of the island. Here we have some free time to stroll around the local market.
- Our guide then takes us to Maho Beach, where we can experience the thrill of seeing large airliners flying just a few metres from the ground. Here we have some free time to enjoy the beach
- We drop by the Carousel ice-cream parlour, where we have some free time available to enjoy the house specialities or go for a ride on the unique merry-go-round!
- We end our excursion with one stop for photos at the Harold Jack Lookout, a panoramic viewpoints from where we can admire the spectacular coastline.
- We then head back to the Dutch part of the island and are free to decide how to end our tour: we can go back to the ship or stay in the city centre.
Good to know
- The driver is also the guide.
- Watch planes landing depends on the time of arrival in Maho Beach and flight schedules.