A JOURNEY THROUGH TIME IN POMPEII
Panorama, Green-pass required, Culture
The lava that tragically destroyed Pompeii also resulted in a historical event being frozen in time. Visiting this place is a real journey back in time. You'll discover the places and daily life of a Roman city 2000 years ago. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- The ruins of Pompeii: Marine Gate, Forum, Jupiter's Temple, Basilica, the Street of Abundance, House of the Ancient Hunt, House of the Faun
- Coral factory
- Pompeii is a city frozen in time since the eruption in 79 AD. Everyday life and gestures here have become a snapshot for posterity. Strolling through the streets of this community not only presents architectural and artistic wonders but also offers scholars a stream of information about the daily life of a Roman city.
- You will visit the Marine Gate that provides access to the Forum, the center of the city's political and economic life. The area is dominated by the Temple of Jupiter, built around 250 BC, and the Basilica, Pompeii's most impressive public building, used at the time both as a court house and as a place for commercial dealings.
- The Street of Abundance is the lower decumanus of Pompeii. Along it are many of the most beautiful houses in the city, some on two floors, belonging to the rich Pompeian bourgeoisie, with many colorful decorations which you can photograph.
- You will see the House of the Ancient Hunt, the original layout of which dates back to the mid-2nd century BC, with its refined frescoed pictorial decorations, and the House of the Faun, a sizeable, noble private residence covering an area of 3000 square meters.
- But Pompeii is more than just ruins, it is also a craft center, particularly for coral. Find out what cameos are.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.