LAVA, VOLCANO AND BRUSCHETTA
Active & adventurous, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 52
Switch from being a cruise traveler to a volcanologist for a day. The most well-known volcano in the world awaits you; dormant now for almost 80 years, you can take a walk to the central crater! End the trip with a classic bruschetta and tomatoes. Locally grown, of course.
- Vesuvius National Park
- Volcano crater
- Local food tasting
- Coral artisan workshop
- During the bus trip, the guide will introduce you to the Vesuvius national park and prepare you for an excursion with a capital “E”.
- Start the ascent of Vesuvius from a base camp 1000 meters above sea level. Destination: the central crater! Vesuvius is an explosive volcano which has lain dormant since 1944. It is kept constantly under observation because of its proximity to Naples and several densely populated towns.
- Once you're at the top it's pure adrenaline! You're actually there, on the edge of the crater, where you can enjoy a magnificent view of the Bay of Naples.
- A tour like this stimulates your appetite. A local food tasting: of bruschetta with tomatoes is what's needed.
- On the way back we'll visit one of the most renowned coral workshops to watch handcrafted masterpieces being made with this precious natural material.
Good to know
- The tour may be canceled in bad weather.