NORTH OF GOTHLAND AND THE FARÖ ISLAND
In a nutshell A day dedicated to the northern part of the charming island of Gotland and the nearby islet of Farö, which treats us to amazing views and the opportunity to learn more about local habits and customs. Discover the marvellous Visby town centre complete with a delicious restaurant lunch.
Good to know
- Medieval church
- Open-air Bunge museum
- Island of Farö and restaurant lunch
- Langhammers beach
- Stroll around the centre of Visby
- We set off on our **tour to discover the northern part of Gotland**, where picture-perfect views and interesting experiences in contact with the local traditions and culture await us.
- Our first stop is one of the 92 medieval churches located around the island.
- We have almost reached the northern tip of the island and visit the **Bunge open-air museum**, where we learn more about how Gotland inhabitants used to live and work hundreds of years ago thanks to the reconstruction of three huts partly from original buildings.
- We then get on a ferry taking us to the **island of Farö**, famous for being the refuge of director Ingmar Bergman, and enjoy a **delicious lunch** in a restaurant serving local dishes.
- After lunch, we reach the **beach of Langhammers** where we can admire the huge **rauks**, i.e. spectacular natural limestone formations eroded by atmospheric agents scattered along the coast.
- The ferry takes us back to the island of Gotland for a pleasant **walk in the historic city centre of Visby**, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide, but we will have the assistance of a local rep.
is limited, so please reserve early.