A TREK TO CONQUER GROS PITON
In a nutshell We climb to the top of Gros Piton, a steep majestic volcano plunging directly into the sea and learn how to appreciate the incredible beauty of nature and of the surrounding views with a delicious restaurant lunch as our well-deserved reward.
Good to know
- Pitons volcanic cones
- Gros Piton trek
- Panoramic break halfway through
- Climb to the top
- Restaurant lunch
- We leave early in the morning by coach for the one hour journey across the island to the striking volcanic cones of the two Pitons, the Gros Piton (797 m)and Petit Piton (750 m), symbols of the island and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We meet our guide on the side overlooking the sea who illustrates the itinerary and breaks and we can already savour the satisfaction of a challenge that is not for everyone.
- We start our excursion: following our guide, we start climbing the steep side of the mountain along pretty demanding tracks we will be rewarded with views of exceptional beauty. Enchanted by the magnificent landscape, we feel even more motivated to proceed.
- Halfway there, we enjoy a short break in a panoramic viewpoint offering breath-taking views of the Petit Piton with its green outline contrasting with the blue of the sea. We continue climbing lava rock steps and obtain interesting information about the rare species of native birds and trees that inhabit the area.
- We finally make it: we reach the top and enjoy a double reward. Not only have we made it all the way to the top, but we are rewarded with enchanting views over St. Lucia. We feel as if we could almost touch the sky!
- After this demanding climb, we deserve a delicious lunch with local dishes at the Beacon Restaurant, providing magnificent views over the city of Soufrière and the Pitons.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Pregnant women or guests with breathing, cardiac, neck or knee problems are not allowed on this excursion.
- We recommend wearing casual clothes and trekking shoes.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.