HIGHLIGHTS OF STOCKHOLM TO THE RHYTHM OF ABBA
In a nutshell An exceptional and original tour of Stockholm to the sound of unforgettable hits. Over 380 million records sold worldwide, the timeless symbol of international pop music and a true Scandinavian record! In the only Museum in the world dedicated to iconic pop group ABBA, we retrace their rise to fame and we become the absolute protagonists of the day as we dance and sing like true pop legends!
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Stockholm and significant places for ABBA
- Fjällgatan (photo stop)
- City Hall (external visit)
- Gamla Stan and free time
- ABBA Museum: visit and live “performance”
- We start off our excursion with a sightseeing tour of Stockholm by coach to admire a few of the main sights.
- During the tour, our guide points out the most interesting significant locations of the history of ABBA and tells us a few interesting facts on Sweden’s most famous band.
- We stop at Fjällgatan, a spectacular viewpoint from where we can enjoy a superb view of the city.
- The next stop on our tour is the imposing City Hall, the city's political centre and the location for the annual celebrations that follow the presentation of the Nobel Prizes. We admire its imposing exterior, surrounded by water and surmounted by three golden crowns, the symbol of the kingdom of Sweden, and we are enchanted by its amazing garden.
- The tour continues with a pleasant guided walking tour across the heart of the city, its ancient centre, named Gamla Stan, which began to take shape in the 13th Century and remained the primary centre of activities up until the 19th Century; here, in an atmosphere soaked in history, we walk along the winding roads, alongside which characteristic Medieval buildings, stand.
- We reach the magnificent island of Djurgården, a former royal hunting reserve that is now an idyllic place for wonderful walks with many museums just a stone’s throw from the city centre. It is also the location of the main destination of our tour: the ABBA museum, dedicated to the legendary platform boot and sequin jumpsuit-wearing band that revolutionised pop music between 1972 and 1983.
- The museum displays objects and peculiarities such as stage clothes in a modern interactive exhibition with footage from their shows and interviews with the four band members. The ticket given at the entrance generates a page on the museum website where we can download our live performance: we become pop stars for a day in a booth where we can dance and sing “wearing” a digital costume!
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.