A SPIN ROUND THE ISLAND BY VESPA
We climb aboard a Vespa scooter to explore the south-east region of Majorca, zipping through picturesque villages and enchanting scenery where nature takes centre stage, and not forgetting to stop by the beach for a dip in the blue Mediterranean waters.
What we will see
- Tour by Vespa scooter
- Historic settlement of Calvià
- Santa Ponsa
- Viewpoint overlooking the Malgrats archipelago
- Portals Vells Beach
- Stop at the beach
What we will do
- We leave the port and make our way to the point that marks the start of our adventure: here, an instructor will offer some pointers before entrusting each pair of participants with a splendid vintage Vespa.
- Sitting astride our classic scooters, we head straight out of the city and on along a quiet road that leads us through some memorable scenery.
- Cutting inland, we make our way to our first destination, Calvià, a picturesque town perched on the slopes of the Serra de Tramuntana that preserves precious examples of Romanesque and Gothic architecture.
- Roaring along on our Vespas, we continue on to Santa Ponsa, a resort in a protected bay on Majorca’s stunning south-east coast whose heyday lasted up into the 1950s.
- We stop at a viewpoint overlooking the Malgrats archipelago, a natural reserve where the environment has been preserved in all its unspoilt, natural glory.
- Our tour continues on to the fabulous beach of Portals Vells, a small stretch of fine, white sand surrounded by pine trees on the northernmost point of the Bay of Palma.
- Here, we park our Vespas and take some time to relax on the beach. Those who want to can take a dip in the crystal-clear waters, or enjoy a snack at one of the numerous bars or restaurants, before we make our way back to Palma to return our scooters and rejoin the ship.
What you need to know
- The main rider in each pairing, i.e. the participant designated to control the scooter, must present a valid form of ID.
- The main rider has to be at least 21 years old, and have held a valid driving licence for at least 3 years.
- The passenger has to be at least 18 years old and cannot be given control of the scooter.
- A refundable deposit of 200 Euros is required for each scooter, this being paid before leaving on the excursion in order to speed up the collection process.
- Transfers to and from the port is by 8-seater minibus. A guide is not provided.
- The price indicated is for one motor scooter, ridden by a maximum of two persons.
- A local courier will be present and will provide information in English or Spanish. ?