LIFE ABOVE AND BENEATH THE SEA: TOUR OF HELSINKI AND AQUARIUM
In a nutshell An ideal tour for families and for anyone who enjoys the thrill of discovery: we admire the most beautiful sights and corners of Helsinki with an interesting sightseeing tour and reach the fabulous Sea Life Helsinki aquarium to find our more about life beneath the sea.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Helsinki
- Lutheran cathedral
- Esplanadi and shipyards
- Mannerheimintie and Finlandia Hall
- Helsinki aquarium
- Ocean tunnel and Discovery Pool
- We start our excursion with a sightseeing tour of Helsinki, a city that lives in perfect harmony with nature and yet has a lively cultural scene.
- We cross the Senate Square overlooked by the superb Lutheran cathedral, an imposing Neoclassical cathedral completely finished in white marble.
- We proceed along the Esplanadi, two streets in the centre of Helsinki and a true temple of shopping where many embassies are also located. We then reach the shipyard area, a key economic activity for the country.
- We drive along Mannerheimintie, one of the main roads, and admire the Parliament building, setting of many crucial events of the country’s political life, the national museum and the modern Finlandia Hall designed by the famous Finnish architect Alvar Aalto.
- We finally reach the Sea Life Helsinki aquarium, where we remain speechless in front of the beautiful variety of sea creatures populating the underwater world.
- We walk along the Ocean Tunnel below the main tank filled with sharks, rays and a myriad of colourful fish.
- We then visit the Discovery Pool, where we can admire up close and even touch fascinating creatures such as starfish and learn interesting information about live at the bottom of the sea.
- We cannot miss to meet the largest guest in the aquarium: Mussukka, the zebra shark who swims majestically in one of the large tanks. An unforgettable experience!
- At the end of the visit, we board our coach to return to the ship.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.