DISCOVERING GAUDì ON A SEGWAY
In a nutshell
Good to know
Take a trip around Barcelona to discover the amazing works of modernist architect Antoni Gaudì. Art and beauty... on the go, as you're riding a segway, a fun and environmentally-friendly means of transport.
- Arco de Triunfo
- Sagrada Família
- Passeig de Gràcia: Casa Milà and Casa Batlló
- Casa Fuster by Domènech i Montaner
- La Monumental
- We'll pick up our segway, the now famous electric scooter, at the Arco de Triunfo, the triumphal arch that is one of the symbols of the city.
- After gaining a little confidence, we'll set off to discover the city in the footsteps of Antoni Gaudì, the brilliant Catalan architect whose works have immortalized Barcelona.
- We'll file past the Sagrada Familia, the incredible neo-Gothic church par excellence and a symbol of Catalan art, to reach Passeig de Gràcia, the city's most fashionable street.
- Here you'll find Casa Milà, with its undulating façades and curvaceous cast iron railings. A little further on is Casa Batlló, covered in countless shimmering “scales”. It is inspired by the legend of St. George fighting the dragon which is portrayed by the sinuosity of the roof, whilst the rows of balconies and bone-like structures are there to symbolize its victims.
- Also unmissable is a trip past La Monumental: The most famous bullfighting ring in Spain, designed to host corridas.
- We've become expert riders by now, but it's time to drop off the segway and return to the ship.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 16 years.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide information in English and Spanish.
- The segway trip lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes.