STAND-UP PADDLE IN ÅNDALSNES
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
Let’s get ready for an extreme adrenaline rush like you get when you surf, but with the extra emotion and challenge of facing river water on a board with the help of a paddle. If you like rafting, now is the time to try stand-up paddle along the river!
- Stand-up paddle along the river near Åndalsnes
- This excursion will take us to the clear waters of a river near Åndalsnes and will test our skills and balance with a few rapids.
- This experience will be evn more intense than rafting: stand-up paddle is comparable to the kayak excursion, but is done standing on a board (similar to a surf board but thicker) and using a paddle to push forwards.
- However, this sport is easier to learn and requires less effort.
- Stand-up paddle along the river is called 'sledging' in New Zealand, 'whitewater swimming' by others and 'hydrofoil' or 'hydrospeed' in Europe.
- Let’s get ready to paddle our boards and get wet in the river waters.
- The first part of the course concentrates on safety and how to use the board correctly before actually starting on the river.
- Our guides are expert rafting instructors.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit to take part in the water activities.