TREKKING ON THE LADE PENINSULA
We enjoy a pleasant trek through the countryside, following country paths that are easy enough for all ages to negotiate but still offer all the charm of the fjord and its breathtaking landscape.
What we will see
- The Ladehammeren
- Walking excursion on the Lade Peninsula
- Views of the fjord
- The bays of Korsvika, Sponhuset and Ringve
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a short journey, reach the hill known as Ladehammeren, which rises above the deep expanse of the Trondheimsfjord.
- From here we set out a walking excursion on the Lade Peninsula, a popular destination among hiking enthusiasts, including many locals for whom the charming route is a favourite Sunday walk.
- As we make our way, we are surrounded by stunning views that stretch from the rugged coast of the fjord, where the low stretches of land along the east and southern sides make for good farming, to the irregular, mountainous uplands of the west and northern reaches.
- As we progress through the lush green countryside, we can admire the numerous protected bays – including those of Korsvika, Sponhuset and Ringve – which break up the shore of the Lade peninsula and offer an endless variety of suggestive scenes to photograph.
What you need to know