PIZZA CHEFS FOR A DAY IN THE HEART OF NAPLES
Culture, Divertimento, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
We will learn about the intriguing history of Naples on a walk through the beautiful historic centre and we will discover all the secrets of Neapolitan pizza in a cookery class in an exclusive location.
What we will see
- Walk through the heart of Naples
- Piazza del Gesù Nuovo
- Piazza San Domenico
- Spaccanapoli and Via San Gregorio Armeno
- Top of the Greco-Roman theatre
- Cookery class: Neapolitan pizza
- Free time in the centre
What we will do
- A coach will take us to the heart of Naples where we will walk through the historic centre, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site because it has been exceptionally well preserved and bears witness to the city's historical and artistic evolution.
- We will start our journey of discovery in Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, a square that is home to the church of the same name –one of the biggest in the city– which some of the most renowned Neapolitan artists have worked on. Then we will head to Piazza San Domenico, surrounded by elegant buildings owned by the most important Neapolitan families.
- We will cross Spaccanapoli, the city's main street which splits the historic centre in two, and we will walk along Via San Gregorio Armeno, a street that is renowned around the world for its shops selling miniature Nativity scenes.
- Having feasted our eyes on all the beauty that Naples has to offer, we will stop in front of the entrance to an old Greco-Roman theatre, which is now housed in a building from a later period.
- We will enter through what was once a carpenter's workshop at the top of the theatre and we will take part in a Neapolitan pizza making class in this exclusive spot, in front of an ancient oven that was discovered here.
- Professional pizza chefs will teach us the art of pizza making through a practical demonstration as they also tell us interesting anecdotes about the history of one of the most famous dishes in the world. The fragrant, delicious Neapolitan pizza will no longer be a mystery!
- After the cookery class, we will have some free time to explore the city centre on our own, letting our sense of discovery guide us, then later we will return to the ship.
What you need to know