ORECCHIETTE AND PIZZICA FOLK DANCING
Panorama, Nature, Green-pass required, Tasting
From the city to the countryside on a sightseeing tour for the whole family. You'll visit the major monuments in Bari and stop off at a farmhouse in Alberobello. Here you can enjoy some Apulian cacioricotta cheese with a glass of Primitivo wine. And you'll learn to make orecchiette while a folk group dances the pizzica. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Sightseeing tour of Bari
- Locorotondo and surrounding countryside
- Traditional Alberobello farmhouse with food tasting
- The guided tour starts on Corso Cavour, the city's main street, where, from the bus, you'll see the Chamber of Commerce building and the white and red façade of the Petruzzelli Theater. Then it's straight to the modern part of the city, built in the nineteenth century.
- Next is a trip to the countryside near Bari, traveling through Locorotondo to Alberobello, the town of the trulli. You'll stop in front of an eighteenth century complex of trulli that belongs to the Papaperta farmstead.
- Here you'll discover that Rosolio is a liquor made with rose petals and, during the tasting session, you'll unpick one of the region's greatest dilemmas: which cheese is better, provolone or cacioricotta?
- Now it's time to roll up your sleeves: you'll take part in a cooking class to learn how to make Apulian orecchiette. Furthermore, while you're making the dough, a folk group will dance the pizzica, the traditional local dance. Before you head back to port, you'll receive a delicious free gift: which delight will you be taking home?
Good to know
- The bus journey from the port to Alberobello takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early
- Menus may vary according to the season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.