SEA AND MOUNTAINS: FROM ETNA TO TAORMINA
Panorama, Nature, Meal included
We will travel up the slopes of Mount Etna to explore the unique natural environment created by the lava that poured from the volcano over the course of the millennia, and then we will drive back down towards the sea to the heart of the charming town of Taormina.
What we will see
- Scenic road to Nicolosi
- Silvestri Craters
- Snack/light lunch on our own
- Walking tour of Taormina
- Palazzo Corvaja
- Greek theatre
- Free time for shopping
- Catania: via Etnea
What we will do
- We will set off from the port of Catania by coach on an exploring Sicily’s landscapes and nature. En route, we will have the opportunity to enjoy panoramic views as we wind our way up the mountain slopes to the village of Nicolosi, an important agricultural centre on Etna.
- We will wind our way up past vineyards and valleys of stratified lava until we reach the top of the Silvestri Craters, 2,000 metres high, in the tourist area of Rifugio Sapienza, where we can see the volcano in all its glory and terrifying beauty, gazing out as far as the Gulf of Catania.
- After the visit, we will enjoy our lunch in a restaurant on the slopes of Etna before resuming our journey
- Then our journey will continue to beautiful Taormina, nestled on a terrace overlooking the sea. Despite being a tourist hot-spot, Taormina still retains its Medieval charm.
- We will leave the coach in a car park and embark on a walking tour of the centre, which is brimming with monuments from different periods. First, we will admire Palazzo Corvaja from the outside, which dates back to the 15th century but has even more distant origins.
- Then we will visit the Greek theatre, the most important and well preserved ancient monument in Taormina, built on a wonderful vantage point and boasting exceptional acoustics.
- We will return to Catania and the port along Via Etnea, a road lined with stunning churches and imposing buildings in the Sicilian Baroque style.
What you need to know
In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.