SAVONA DISCOVERY AND TASTE
PasseparTour, Culture, Tasting
A walk to explore the centre of Savona with its churches, palaces and imposing fortress. We end the excursion with a tasting session of delicious local foods and a visit to the Ceramic Museum.
What we will see
- Stroll around the city centre
- Priamar fortress (outside)
- Savoury tasting session with glass of wine
- Visit to the Gavotti Palace
What we will do
- Our guide meets us at the pier and, together, we walk to Savona’s city centre to discover its most evocative monuments. We see from the outside the imposing Cathedral, which welcomes us with its Baroque façade and surprises us with its amazing wooden choir, a prestigious carved masterpiece dating back to the 16th century.
- We move on to the Priamar fortress, an imposing building overlooking the port and famous for being the place where Giuseppe Mazzini was imprisoned. It was the first city settlement and is now home to an archaeological museum displaying historical artefacts.
- We then head back to the port to discover the Liguria culinary tradition with a tasting session of fried fish or chickpea farinata with a nice glass of local wine.
- But the excursion does not end here for those who still feel like exploring! We will visit the amazing Gavotti Palace: prestigious building located in the heart of the city, which houses the Pinacoteca of Savona and the Ceramics Museum.
What you need to know
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.