LEGENDS AND BEACHES OF CORFU
Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
A deep dive into the legends, the sea and the culture of the island; this is what you can expect from an excursion that begins in Paleokastritsa, famous for its bays, and ends in Corfu Town, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Paleokastritsa, sea and relaxation
- Corfu old town: Spyridon, Spianada, Liston, Town Hall, Palace of St. Michael and St. George, free time
- Beach towel, camera and The Odyssey under your arm: you're ready for Paleokastritsa beach, renowned for its emerald green water, cliffs, sea caves and stacks. A legendary place even in antiquity: Homer set his best-seller, the Castle of Alcinous, king of the Phaeacians, right here. A clover leaf-shaped bay could only have had a fortunate history.
- Top up your tan with a sun-kissed look and take a dip before the next stop: Corfu old town, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The city is a melting pot of cultures: cricket players on Spianada square; the French flavor of Liston's porticos; the gold and Oriental/Byzantine icons in the church of Saint Spyridon; the neoclassical style of the Venetian buildings.
- Souvenir? You'll have plenty of time to go looking for the olive oil soap bars so typical of Corfu.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- No photography/filming or talking is allowed inside the Church of Saint Spyridon.
- When there are religious festivals, the visit to the church will be limited to the outside.
- Beach umbrellas and loungers not included.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.