EDUCATION CITY: DISCOVER CULTURE AND TRADITION
We immerse ourselves in Qatar’s Arab culture visiting two destinations part of the immense Education City complex: an equestrian centre dedicated to the ancient Arab horse race and a collection of libraries where we can admire an extraordinary collection of manuscripts, artefacts and centuries-old texts.
What we will see
- Education City
- Al Shaqab Equestrian Center
- National Library and Heritage Library
What we will do
- To start off our excursion, we reach Education City, a vast area covering 14 square kilometres on the outskirts of the capital, designed and organised to host all of the country's research and training activities with university campuses and various institutions.
- Inside this large cultural centre, we visit the interesting Al Shaqab Equestrian Center, created to bring prestige and promote the classic beauty of Arab horses as well as their exceptional abilities.
- The centre is located in an enormous horseshoe-shaped building which, in its 980,000 square metres, features numerous architectural solutions as well as two green areas leading to a large central area, providing the maximum pleasure and comfort to visitors and horses.
- We have lunch inside this fascinating complex and move on to another building part of Education City, designed by the famous Dutch architect Re Koolhaas: the National Library gathers Doha’s library resources in a single place.
- Inside, we find the the unmissable Heritage Library, which gathers ancient texts and manuscripts part of the Arabic-Islamic civilisation, maps and atlases starting from the end of the 15th century, historical photographs and wonderful globes.