THE ROMAN CITY OF CHESTER
Let us discover the city of Chester, a city of Roman origin that enchants us with its streets steeped in history and filled with monuments which we can enjoy during a pleasant walking tour.
What we will see
- Guided tour of Chester
- Stroll around the city centre
- Roman amphitheatre
- City walls and main gate
- The Rows
- Norman cathedral
- Free time for shopping and visits
What we will do
- A short transfer takes us to the historic city of Chester, whose ancient walls are testimony to Roman rule in the region.
- Once there, we follow our guide on a pleasant walk around the city centre, steeped in history and filled with sights that still evoke typical Medieval atmospheres thanks to its cobbled alleyways overlooked by the black and white houses of the Tudor period.
- Outside the city walls, the remains of the largest open-air Roman amphitheatre in the whole of ancient Britannia are still visible.
- We walk along Chester's famous city walls, which have protected the settlement ever since it was first established in Roman times, and enter the city through one of the main gates.
- We walk along the main streets, boasting some of the city’s most significant monuments and one of Chester’s main attractions with their shops set up in the characteristic Rows.
- We admire the exterior of the amazing Norman cathedral built red standstone with Gothic style spires soaring up towards the sky.
- After our guided tour, we have some free time available to explore Chester at our own leisure, make a few purchases in the lovely shops or enjoy a traditional cup of tea.
What you need to know
- The walking tour lasts around 60 minutes.