FREE WALK THROUGH THE SURPRISING CITY OF GLASGOW
Elegant and at times austere due to its superb architecture and breathtaking monuments but also lively and engaging thanks to its countless shops, restaurants and cafés. Glasgow is a city filled with gems ready to be discovered.
What we will see
- Short coach orentation tour of Glasgow
- Imposing Gothic cathedral
- Free time to explore the city at our own leisure
- Amazing monuments and intriguing architecture
- Chance to do some shopping
- Delicious restaurants and specialities
What we will do
- We reach our destination: the elegant city of Glasgow, an unexpected place that leaves us pleasantly surprised with a rich artistic, cultural and architectural heritage.
- We start with a short orentation tour of the city to soak in the atmosphere and enjoy its many different facets.
- We drive through lovely Kelvingrove where we can admire numerous examples of buildings designed by Charles Rennie MacIntosh, the leading representative of Art Nouveau in the UK.
- We pass in front of the imposing Gothic cathedral erected in the 12th century and an amazing piece of architecture in front of which we remain truly speechless.
- We get off the coach and, with a map of the city handy, we explore Glasgow at leisure strolling among the streets and buildings free to stop wherever we please.
- In addition to the lovely monuments and amazing architecture, Glasgow is a small temple for shopping enthusiasts thanks to its luxury boutiques and shopping galleries as well as vintage and antiques shops.
- If we start feeling peckish, why not grab the opportunity to try some delicious local dishes? We can sit in a lovely restaurant or brasserie and order meat pies, smoked fish, roast game or seafood delicacies: there is truly something for everyone!
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide, but a map of the city is provided.