THE CHARM AND MYSTERY OF MALAHIDE CASTLE
A magnificent stronghold surrounded by fabulous well-kept gardens is the charming backdrop to this excursion that features an intriguing guided tour of elegant halls, architectural marvels, a lovely park and fascinating stories of plots, battles and ,mysterious ghosts!
What we will see
- The majestic Malahide castle
- Thrilling guided tour of the manor
- Visit of the amazing ornamental gardens
- Free time in the estate
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us on a coach headed to the majestic castle of Malahide, one of the most impressive and ancient strongholds in Ireland built in the 12th century along Dublin’s marvellous northern coast.
- Once there, we venture on a thrilling guided tour of the castle to discover the fabulous halls unveiling ancient stories of plots, battles and mysterious ghostly adventures!
- We walk around the elegant halls furnished with priceless period furniture and a wealthy collection of portraits and remain enchanted by the amazing carved wood panels, stuccoes, frescoes, decorations ranging from the Rococo to the Neoclassical style and imposing fireplaces with magnificently-made friezes.
- We also visit the lovely ornamental gardens that cover a one and a half acre site around the castle. We walk among the perfectly tended and well laid-out flowerbeds and can even enter the charming greenhouses.
- After the guided tour and before returning to the ship, we have some free time to explore the castle and gardens at our own leisure letting ourselves be guided by our curiosity and evocative sensations aroused by this magnificent place.
What you need to know