ST. MARTIN IN ALL OF ITS GLORY WITH A FABULOUS STOP AT THE BEACH
In a nutshell Breathtaking views, charming picturesque corners and a heavenly beach are the attractions of a marvellous excursion that leads us to discover what is best in St. Martin with a tour of the most charming locations before an unforgettable break by the blue Caribbean sea: a dreamy setting to enjoy a perfect Creole lunch and relax barefoot in the sand.
Good to know
- Panoramic tour of the island
- Philipsburg and Great Salt Pond
- Border monument
- Grand Case fishing village and city of Marigot
- Free time in Marigot’s city centre
- Relaxation on a heavenly beach
- Unlimited rum and fruit punch
- Optional stop in Philipsburg's city centre
- We leave the port on our air-conditioned coach and set off on a panoramic tour of the island crossing the border that separates the Dutch and French territories.
- We drive through the city of Philipsburg, the colourful Dutch capital of St. Martin with its streets flanked with palm trees and brightly-coloured houses, and pass by the Great Salt Pond north of Philipsburg surrounded by the city centre and suburbs.
- We thus reach the monument which denotes the border between the two dominions, modified 16 times between 1816 and 1948!
- We continue towards Grand Case, a characteristic fishing village which has become famous as the paradise of gourmands and reach the city of Marigot, French capital of the island.
- We go on a pleasant one-hour stroll in the city centre as we take in the typically European atmosphere with a charming Caribbean touch among lovely cafés and fashionable boutiques.
- The time has come to relax: we enjoy three hours of pleasant idleness on a marvellous beach which is one of the best in the island.
- We also enjoy a delicious lunch featuring ribs, chicken and fish cooked according to the Creole tradition served with rice, beans and a fresh salad as well as with a rum or fruit punch.
- We stretch lazily on our lounger and have plenty of time to enjoy the beach as we please: we can take a dip in the blue sea, lounge lazily in the sun to top up our tans or go for a stroll on the shore to take in the enchanting Caribbean views.
- We have unlimited access to the rum and fruit punch to quench our thirst and toast to our time here!
- The time has come to go back to reality... but the fun is not over yet: on our way back, we can choose to stop in Philipsburg’s city centre and return to the ship on our own.
Good to know
- The english spk driver will guide the tour.