Sightseen, Designed for families, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
An extraordinary experience to discover the natural marvels and beautiful landscape of Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to the absolute freedom of hopping on and off the coaches around set routes among spectacular waterfalls, breathtaking viewpoints and picturesque farms surrounded by mountains.
- Coach tour of Geiranger and surroundings
- Stop at the Norwegian Fjord Centre (outbound and inbound)
- Exhibition on the Geirangerfjord nature and culture
- Spectacular flight of steps along the Storfossen waterfall
- Stop at the Hole Bridge viewpoint (outbound and inbound)
- Stop at the Flydalsjuvet viewpoint
- We set off on a comfortable coach to discover Geiranger and its marvellous fjord declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and considered by many to be the most beautiful in the world.
- The tour features a series of 9 “hop-on, hop-off” stops: we can get on and off as we please and choose what to see each time.
- We drive out from the lovely village of Geiranger past its octagonal wooden church overlooking the sensational fjord landscape.
- Our first stop is the Norwegian Fjord Centre featuring an interesting exhibition dedicated to the spectacular Geirangerfjord where we can discover how the forces of nature modelled the fjord, its extraordinary biodiversity and the lifestyle of the people living on its banks.
- From here, we climb the spectacular flight of steps along the Storfossen waterfall following the tumultuous course of the river to the mouth near the port. As the coach will also stop at the Norwegian Fjord Centre on the way back, many choose to climb to the top of the steps and then walk back to the ship.
- The next stop on our tour is the Hole Bridge where we can admire a lovely waterfall and take advantage of the enchanting views to snap some amazing photos.
- From this stop, we can venture on foot along a narrow pebble path as far as the Vesterås farmhouse offering breathtaking views out over the Norwegian landscape and with traditional café where we can savour typical local delicacies.
- Trekking enthusiasts can also walk to the Storseterfossen waterfall approximately 600 metres above sea level. The waterfall gushes away from the cliff we are able to walk right behind it along a path well-protected by a railing!
- From Hole Bridge, the coach continues towards the Flydalsjuvet viewpoint offering amazing views from above over the Geirangerfjord. An unmissable occasion to capture authentic picture-perfect landscapes with our camera and be seduced by the irresistible charm of nature.
- On the way back, we have the opportunity of learning more about the interesting history and culture of the Geirangerfjord and take advantage of the additional stops at Hole Bridge and the Norwegian Fjord Centre to see more of this extraordinary place.
Good to know
- The coach tour includes stops in Hole Bridge and the Norwegian Fjord Centre both on the outbound and inbound routes.