AN INCREDIBLE TREETOP ADVENTURE
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A wonderful, fun-filled and exciting experience for all ages in a beautiful, natural setting: the canopy of a woodland just outside the city, with a wide selection of courses around the suspended platforms to another, and a variety of thrilling challenges at different levels of difficulty to get the adrenaline pumping. Entertainment guaranteed!
Good to know
- Funicular railway of Genoa
- The Genova-Righi Adventure Park: routes through the treetops and courses subdivided by difficulty level
- We leave the port behind us and make our way on foot to the Largo Zecca funicular station in the heart of the historic old town. Here, we board the red compartments of the historic Zecca-Righi funicular and travel to the end of the line in the hills behind Genoa, where we can enjoy a picture-postcard view of the city.
- From here it is just a short trip to our destination, the wonderful Parco Avventura Genova-Righi, a leisure complex immersed in the natural “green lung” of the hills that overlook the north-east sections of the city.
- At the park, we are welcomed by a team of instructors, who guide us through a preparatory briefing where we learn to use the provided equipment, including harnesses and ropes fitted with carabiners and energy-absorbers: excitement, yes, but no danger!
- Under the watchful eye of the park staff, who are always on hand to help with any problems, we are free to enjoy the network of thrilling routes through the treetops, which link suspended platforms with steel cables, suspended bridges, traverse pulleys, ropes and ladders. Up here is a whole world just waiting to be explored!
- We can choose between different levels of difficulty, as we make our way through the canopy, from practice sections and courses for young children, to an increasingly challenging selection of routes for adults including the brand-new Tarzan vine challenge that the bravest souls can attempt at the end of the “black” course.
- When we sadly come to the end of our allotted time, we board the funicular once more to return to the centre and make our way back to the port on foot.
Good to know
- At the park, safety equipment is provided and is worn at all times on all courses. This includes a harness, ropes with carabiners and energy-absorbers, pulley, gloves and helmet.
- During the preparatory briefing, the park staff provide instruction in how to use the equipment safely, and remain on hand for assistance with any difficulties.
- The routes are differentiated by level of difficulty, ensuring that every participant can find a suitable level of challenge and excitement.
- It is advised that participants with glasses bring or purchase a retainer cord, and that all long hair is tied back to prevent it catching.
- We recommend wearing sportswear and trekking shoes.
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.?