HIKING TO THE FORTS
Active & adventurous, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking
We have arranged an “urban hike” along the city walls and scenic paths of the Alta Via Ligure. The destination will be the historic Zecca-Righi cable car. Stop for food at the Ostaia de Baracche, a Genoese institution. Try their bread with Sant'Olcese salami, it is a must.
- Forte Sperone
- Forte Puin
- Forte Castellaccio
- Trail of the “neviere”: the special stone pits created to collect snow.
- Accompanied by the guide, board the Zecca-Righi red cable car to a point high above the city. Following an old path that runs along the 17th century walls you'll arrive at Forte Sperone, the most impressive fortress.
- Continue to Forte Puin, which provides a 360° view. You're on the trail of the “neviere”. The name derives from the pits that were dug to collect snow (“neve” in Italian) and used to keep food cold. Essentially the refrigerators of old!
- On to Forte Castellaccio and then a stop for food at Ostaia de Baracche, a real institution here in Genoa. Panisse, Sant'Olcese salami, and homemade potato salad. And local wines, of course. After all, we're going back down by cable car!
Good to know
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Sneakers recommended
- For anyone with food intolerances or requiring vegetarian or gluten-free meals, these will be made available if requested on board before leaving for the excursion