EXPLORING COPENHAGEN IN A RICKSHAW
Panorama, Culture, Divertimento
In a nutshell On this exciting and innovative excursion, we will ride in a quaint rickshaw and experience a truly unique tour revealing the fascinating Danish capital in all its glory.
Good to know
- Rickshaw tour of Copenhagen
- Nyhavn district
- Christianshavn district
- Freetown Christiania
- Christiansborg Palace, Rosenborg Castle, Gefion Fountain
- Amalienborg Castle
- We start this fun excursion by getting into a rickshaw, which will guide us around the city of Copenhagen with its charming streets and picturesque canals.
- Sitting comfortably in our original mode of transport, we will enjoy an exciting tour of the city, while our driver entertains us with stories and facts about the Danish capital.
- We will be taken to Nyhavn, the beguiling district dating back to the 17th century, which will enchant us with its colourful wood, brick and mortar houses, distinctive wooden boats and the romantic sailing ships moored at the quays.
- The rickshaw will continue on its itinerary, crossing the foot bridge that takes us to the Christianshavn district, with its picturesque canals, ancient streets and ramparts immersed in green.
- We will stop here to discover 'Freetown Christiania', a partially self-governed district in the city of Copenhagen founded in 1971 when a group of hippies occupied an abandoned naval base at the entrance to the Danish capital. Cars are forbidden in this famous community, there are no police, and it even has its own currency!
- We will then head to the city centre to admireChristiansborg Palace, home to the Danish parliament, Rosenborg Castle, surrounded by fairy-tale gardens and a picturesque moat, and Gefion Fountain, the most majestic monument in the capital.
- Last stop: the queen’s residence! Amalienborg Castle, which comprises four identical buildings, has been home to the Danish royal family since 1794 and is constantly guarded by soldiers wearing traditional bearskin hats.
- We will enjoy a final view of this enchanting city as we return to our starting point. We will have some free time there before we board the shuttle bus that will take us back to our ship.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide but the rickshaw driver will provide information in English.
- Each rickshaw can accommodate two passengers.
- At the end of the excursion, we will make our own way back to the ship on the shuttle bus provided.
is limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Copenhagen.