BERGEN BY MOTORBOAT: A THRILLING TOUR
Norway’s second largest city is the departure and arrival point of an extraordinarily unique experience. The possibility of admiring its beauty from a motorboat offers in fact new perspectives and new emotions that are worth the experience. We admire Bergen from the sea first at a “slow pace” near the bustling port of Bergen and then at a faster pace off the coast where the peace of the fjords reigns supreme in an ongoing game of contrasts that contributes to keeping adrenaline levels high. The free time available at the end of the tour is an excellent occasion to discover Bergen by strolling around the city streets and around the picturesque district of Bryggen, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What we will see
- Thrilling RIB (rigid-inflatable boat) excursion
- Visit of Bergen and of Bryggen district, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Lively tourist and trading port
- Breathtaking views of the fjords
- High-speed and pure adrenaline
- Free time in the city centre
What we will do
- The first exciting event on this tour is meeting our skilful captain who, after introducing himself, illustrates the characteristics of our rigid-inflatable boat known as RIB and gives the necessary safety instructions as well as handing out the special safety equipment. The time has come to set off for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- As we sail along the sea in front of Bergen, the captain shows us the city and its port. It is a privileged observation point from where we can appreciate the wharf area in Bryggen, a district famous for its colourful wooden façades and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From here, we can also observe the seven hills surrounding Bergen and the incessant tourist and trading activities in the port.
- The wonder at this marvellous view is followed by the thrill of a motorboat ride to the fjords. The scenery gradually changes offering breathtaking views of the coastal islets and islands further off the coast linked to the mainland via majestic suspended bridges.
- The tour then transforms into a shot of pure adrenaline: the motor roars and the captain makes us experience new emotions as we speed across the sea. The intensity of this experience remains etched in our memory together with the images of the surrounding scenery.
- Our adventure ends as we return to the city, where we have some free time available to visit the city at leisure.
What you need to know
- The motorboat tour lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- All participants must wear the equipment provided and must be able to swim.
- We recommend wearing warm clothing.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with neck or back problems, pregnant women and children under 8.
- Depending on where the ship is berthed, the excursion may include a 15-minute walk from and from the motorboat.