DISCOVER THE ARCHITECTURAL AND CULTURAL BEAUTIES OF DOHA
In a nutshell A tour to discover the architectural and cultural beauties of Doha and surround ourselves with the country’s amazing historical heritage - from the origins of Qatar to the present day, enjoying glimpses of everyday life between cultural spaces and souks. A dialogue between past and present that comes to life in a unique museum.
Good to know
- Drive along the amazing Corniche, Doha’s enchanting promenade
- Katara Cultural Village
- Astonishing National Museum of Qatar also known as the “desert rose”
- Shopping at souk Waqif
- We leave the port on a comfortable coach and travel along the famous Corniche, the promenade that stretches 7 km covering the entire Bay of Doha, which is dotted with ancient and modern buildings. Our destination is Katara Cultural Village, a sophisticated development centre boasting many theatres, galleries and facilities for entertainment and cultural events, which reinterprets the region’s architectural heritage in an innovative way and helps promoting the culture of Qatar.
- Katara Cultural Village is divided into various different settings and we are free to walk around the main area, built in the style of the typical alleyways of Qatar called Al Fareej. We can also admire more modern areas with all kinds of attractions such as restaurants, cafés, green spaces and information centres.
- We continue our tour with the National Museum of Qatar, located in a unique building known as “desert rose” due to its peculiar structure designed by the French architect Jean Nouvel. Among the enormous disks intersecting at different angles, we spot the palace renovated by Sheik Abdullah bin Jassim Al Thani, the ancient residence of the royal family, then seat of the Government and of the Museum of Heritage. We enter the Museum and visit the so-called ”three chapters” dedicated to the history of the country from its origins to the present day also illustrating life in Qatar.
- Back on board our coach, we will travel to the oldest part of the city, Old Doha, a bustling area where the centre stands out with its mosque and famous Souq Waqif, the fascinating market that retains the authentic ambience of the past.
- We will have approximately one hour of time here to visit the souk and enjoy some shopping. Crossed by wide roads, the souk is dotted with cafés and restaurants with terraces, which give way to a myriad of typical little shops managed exclusively by men on the side roads, where you can truly find anything: ceramics and textiles, spices, Arab sweets, candied fruit and traditional clothing as well as classic souvenirs.
- We then get back to the coach taking us back to the port.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The excursion may take place in the
morning or in the afternoon.