TOUR OF DOHA WITH A VISIT TO SOUQ WAQIF
In a nutshell A sightseeing tour of Doha, the capital of Qatar, which does not shy away from modernity but retains all the nuances of Arab tradition: from Katara Cultural Village with its theatres and galleries promoting the Arab style and culture, to The Pearl-Qatar, a super-luxury artificial island, and finally to Souq Waqif, the oldest market in the capital where we can buy all sorts of products and enjoy the scent of oriental fragrances in the air.
Good to know
- Katara Cultural Village: theatres, galleries and facilities for entertainment and cultural events
- Photo stop at The Pearl-Qatar: an ultra-luxury district built on an artificial island
- Visit to the oldest part of Doha and to Souq Waqif: time for shopping at the typical little shops
- We will leave the port on a comfortable coach and travel along the famous Corniche, the promenade that stretches 7 km and covers the entire Bay of Doha, which is dotted with ancient and modern buildings. Our destination is Katara Cultural Village, a sophisticated development centre containing numerous theatres, galleries and facilities for entertainment and cultural events, which reinterprets the region’s architectural heritage in an innovative way and helps to promote the culture of Qatar.
- Katara Cultural Village is divided into various different settings and we are free to walk around the main area, built in the style of the typical alleyways of Qatar called Al Fareej. We can also admire more modern areas with all kinds of attractions such as restaurants, cafés, green spaces and information centres.
- Our tour will then continue on to The Pearl-Qatar, an artificial island off the coast of West Bay, boasting Mediterranean-style marinas brimming with yachts, tall residential buildings, luxury villas, world-famous hotels and luxurious shopping centres with showrooms and boutiques by some of the biggest international brands. We will stop here to take photographs.
- Back on board our coach, we will travel to the oldest part of the city, Old Doha, a bustling area where the centre stands out with its mosque and famous Souq Waqif, the fascinating market that retains the authentic ambience of the past.
- We will have approximately one hour of time here to visit the souk and enjoy some shopping. Crossed by wide roads, the souk is dotted with cafés and restaurants with terraces, which give way to a myriad of typical little shops managed exclusively by men on the side roads, where you can truly find anything: ceramics and textiles, spices, Arab sweets, candied fruit and traditional clothing as well as classic souvenirs.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The excursion may take place in the
morning or in the afternoon.