SINGAPORE BY NIGHT WITH DINNER - (ends at the airport for evening flights)
In a nutshell An excursion to discover Singapore on an evening coach tour to admire the city’s most evocative buildings and sights, followed by some shopping in the historic Chinatown district and a fascinating boat cruise along the river to admire the skyline of this glistening multi-faceted city. Ending with a delicious buffet dinner at the Fullerton Hotel. An experience not to be missed!
Good to know
- Benjamin Sheares Bridge: longest bridge and evening skyline
- Shopping district, luxury hotel
- Esplanade theatre and cultural centre
- Free time in Chinatown for shopping
- Delicious buffet dinner at the Fullerton Hotel
- Clarke Quay and boat
- Cruise along the Singapore river
- Stop for photos at Merlion Park: Merlion statue
- Transfer to the airport
- We start our Singapore tour on a comfortable coach across the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, the longest bridge in the city (1.8 km long) as well as the tallest at 29 metres, from where we admire the unforgettable night skyline of the city.
- During the tour, we observe the commercial district, the former General Post Office (now the Fullerton Hotel) as well as a series of luxury hotels in the tourist port area including the Mandarin Oriental, the Ritz-Carlton and the Swissôtel The Stamford in the distance.
- We then reach the Esplanade, the amazing theatre and cultural centre located near the estuary of the Singapore river. It is named after the nearby Esplanade Park and is very important from both an architectural point of view, as it is made up of two large domes and an open-air theatre, and from a cultural point of view due to its busy programme of shows, opera, dancing, concerts, etc.
- We then head to the Chinatown district which still shows glimpses of what life used to be like thanks to its temples, decorated balconies and busy streets. Here, we have some free time for some shopping and to take a few photos.
- We get back on the coach to reach the Fullerton Hotel, where are served a delicious buffet dinner featuring both local and international dishes.
- After dinner, we reach Clarke Quay, with its colours, lights and sounds and board a boat for a short cruise along the Singapore river. As we proceed, we admire the busy Boat Quay overlooked by numerous restaurants serving both local and international cuisine.
- After the cruise, we reach Merlion Park, where we get the chance to take a few photographs of the enchanting light effects on the famous statue depicting the Merlion, a mythical creature with a lion's head and fish body symbol of Singapore.
- The evening comes to an end and, with the images of the glistening city at night-time still fresh in our minds, we return to our coach for our airport transferand return flight.
Good to know
- The order of the visits may vary depending on traffic, weather or other events.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is only available to guests whose flights depart after 9 pm.
- The boat is not air conditioned and the crew provides a commentary in English.
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing are recommended.
- Costa Cruises is not responsible for any access restrictions to the places visited, for attractions being partially and/or totally closed or for adverse weather conditions.