A TREK AMONG EVOCATIVE MOUNTAIN LAKES
In a nutshell The magical mountain colours and scents in an excursion to discover the numerous bodies of water dotted around the imposing Sete Cidades massif scenery with a well-deserved final stop in an ancient town.
Good to know
- Trek on the Sete Cidades massif
- Lagoas: characteristic mountain lakes
- Breathtaking views over the sea and mainland
- Picturesque town of Sete Cidades
- Vista do Rei viewpoint
- We begin the excursion on a comfortable coach which takes us on a 40-minute journey to the starting point of our trek.
- The path winds its way through the Sete Cidades massif known for its numerous lagoas, i.e. small bodies of water or true lakes such as Lagoa das Éguas, Lagoa Rasa, Lagoas Empadadas*, which we see along the way. The scenery changes several times providing amazing views of the sea and the mainland.
- After the trek, we enjoy a well-deserved relaxing break in the town of Sete Cidades and one last stop at the Vista do Rei viewpoint to admire breathtaking views over the crater and the lake, probably the most famous on the island.
Good to know
- The feasibility of this trek depends on the weather and the maintenance conditions of the path, so it may be cancelled or delayed in case of adverse conditions.
- Visibility during the tour is subject to weather conditions.
- The order of the stops may be subject to modification without prior warning for operational reasons or to avoid the crowds.
- We recommend wearing trekking shoes and suitable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions as well as bringing with you a waterproof jacket, sun lotion, water and energy bars.