Praia Da Vitoria
INCREDIBLE LANDSCAPES AND UNIQUE SCENERY ON TERCEIRA ISLAND
In a nutshell Incredible panoramas, breathtaking natural settings and traces of a unique history: Terceira is a gem where the natural beauty of the volcanic island meets the patient work of man. We set off to discover the island’s unique landscapes such as the Biscoitos natural pools and the unique greenery of Pico da Bagacinha and much more: we venture to explore the charming city centre of Angra do Heroísmo and surrender to the call of the local culinary tradition.
Good to know
- Serra do Cume viewpoint overlooking Lajes and the ocean
- Natural pools and Biscoitos Wine Museum
- Unique natural scenery of Pico da Bagacinha and Caldeira de Guilherme Moniz
- Monte Brasil
- Angra do Heroísmo and its historic city centre, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- We start the excursion by leaving the port and heading to the Serra do Cume viewpoint, the ideal place for a short stop to admire Lajes and the ocean.
- We then move on to Biscoitos on the northern coast. Here, a 15-minute break enables us to admire the natural pools created by the lava of ancient volcanic eruptions.
- We take advantage of the local culinary tradition and head to the Wine Museum where we learn all there is to known about the topic during a short tour with a tasting session.
- We set off on our coach again headed towards Angra do Heroísmo and, along the way, we have the chance to be astounded by the lush greenery of Pico da Bagacinha and by the unique scenery of the most enormous crater present in the archipelago, i.e. Caldeira de Guilherme Moniz.
- Once there, we stop in Monte Brasil, a nature reserve and urban park, to appreciate unique views over the city and surroundings. We are then taken on a pleasant walk to discover the historic city centre, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- At this point, the time has come to delight our palate with a delicious lunch in one of Angra’s leading hotels.
- On the way back to the port and the ship, we admire Ribeirinha and São Sebastião, enchanting picturesque villages where nature and history coexist.
Good to know
- Visibility from the viewpoints is subject to weather conditions.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- All visits to Angra do Heroísmo are outside.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide and rep.
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 1.7 km on asphalted and cobbled terrain with slopes and steps.