THE WONDERS OF NATURE: TWO PARKS, TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS
PasseparTour, Nature, 5
In a nutshell Spectacular landscapes await travellers curious to venture on this itinerary: an urban park on a panoramic hill where we can feel at one with nature despite being surrounded by a metropolis and an extraordinary geological park where, over the centuries, Mother Nature has forged breathtaking sceneries featuring unique rock formation.
Good to know
- Chung Cheng Park, a green oasis in the city
- A stroll among the lush greenery
- Statue of goddess Guanyin at the top of the park
- Yehliu Geopark, a spectacular promontory
- Fascinating unique rock formations
- Statue of Lin Tien Jen, a homage to self-sacrifice
- We leave the port behind us headed to the city centre to visit Chung Cheng Park, perched on the top a hill overlooking the city and the port. We go for a stroll in the midst of the park's lush greenery, a true oasis within the metropolis, and through its three levels to the top.
- Once there, we admire the enchanting statue of Guanyin, Buddhist goddess of mercy and compassion towering at 25 metres tall, its whiteness standing our against the blue sky. We get back on the coach and head north to the amazing Yehliu Geopark located on a promontory that is approximately 1,700 metres long formed over thousands of years and forged by the erosive action of the sea and elements.
- As we walk around the park, we can admire multiple rock formations that are unique in the world and their sinuous fascinating shapes that can be rather bizarre and resemble a woman’s head, a mushroom or even a dragon.
- The statue of Lin Tien Jen is perched on a rock pedestal: he was a local fisherman who sacrificed his life to save some children from drowning. His moving story makes our experience more meaningful, inspiring deep reflections as we admire the wonderful scenery that surrounds us.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.