TOUR OF TWO KINGDOMS - DENMARK AND SWEDEN
My Explorations, 5
In a nutshell A day spent discovering the marvels and most symbolic sights of two magnificent Scandinavian cities -Copenhagen and Malmö. A fascinating panoramic tour that takes us from Denmark to Sweden across the majestic Öresund, the longest cable-stayed bridge in Europe - a colossus submerged in northern waters.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Copenhagen
- Öresund bridge
- Sightseeing tour of Malmö
- Old city of Malmö
- We set off on our panoramic coach tour headed to the Little Mermaid Statue, the symbol of the city of Copenhagen in the form of an enchanting sea creature inspired by one of the most famous fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen.
- We reach Amalienborg Palace,
the official residence of the Danish Royal Family. We then drive by an imposing
marble church and the charming Royal Danish Theatre and move on
to admire the historic Stock Exchange with its characteristic spire.
We continue our tour with some of the most picturesque sights of the Danish capital: from Christianborg Palace and the colourful buildings in Nyhavn, the old port, to the Tivoli gardens and the wonderful Renaissance castle of Rosenborg.
- We continue our tour with some of the most picturesque sights of the Danish capital: from Christianborg Palace and the colourful buildings in Nyhavn, the old port, to the Tivoli gardens and the wonderful Renaissance castle of Rosenborg.
- We then leave Copenhagen and the Danish landscape behind us to reach beautiful Malmö, the third largest city in Sweden, by crossing the imposing Öresund suspension bridge.
- We immediately immerse ourselves in the Swedish atmosphere by admiring Kungsparken, the oldest park in the city of Malmö, then reaching the majestic Turning Torso: a residential skyscraper 190 metres high rotating towards the sky. Here, we have some time available to make a few purchases and savour a few typical local delicacies.
- Our tour continues on foot within the heart of the Old City of Malmö, among its enchanting historic buildings. We stroll in Stortorget square admiring the town hall and oldest chemist in the city, then immerse ourselves in the picturesque Lilla Torg - a romantic square surrounded by small shops, bars and welcoming restaurants. Before returning to the ship and bidding farewell to this picture-perfect Swedish landscape, we admire the exterior of one of the oldest buildings in Malmö: the Church of Saint Peter.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Copenhagen.